Ntelos - Poor service poor reception, switch

I've had ntelos for 7 years. Generally acceptable signal and service until recently. My parents have experienced a loss of signal, no longer making or receiving calls inside. My service is now doing the same thing. Called and logged the issues over 6 days. Now, no LTE service on any of my 3 phones in the area I live.

Customer service is poor, promised a call back, "we have reported it to engineering." My guess is that there is no engineering department, and that everything is contracted out. We will be switching all of our service in the Augusta County area. Company cannot respond to inquires and frankly doesn't seem to care.

Shentel should just dismantle the network and move on. Sometimes you just have to clean the slate and start over.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of bad reception. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of ntelos mobile phone service. Ntelos needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ntelos mobile phone service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ntelos.

Ntelos suspended East Coast service and then sent me to collections for not switching to Sprint

Portsmouth, Virginia 0 comments

I was a loyal customer for 18 years with Ntelos, starting when they were Primeco. I stayed with Ntelos and never complained, and even referred people to Ntelos for service.

I received notice that Ntelos was suspending its East Coast service and I would need to change providers by November 13, 2015 or I would no longer have service. On November 1, 2015 I switched my service to Verizon. And then I got a bill from Ntelos for $99.00 which got sent to collections. Upon review with the collection agency who initially told me that the bill was for November's service.

And now I am told it is a disconnect fee and apparently my penalty for not choosing Sprint. This is ridiculous that Ntelos goes out of business and then charges me for not choosing Sprint? I could see if I broke the contract, but they are the one who chose to suspend service on the East Coast. This is absolutely ridiculous that they can break the contract and then charge me a disconnect fee.

Nice way to reward loyalty to someone who was a customer of theirs for 18 years.

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $50. The author is overall dissatisfied with Ntelos. The most disappointing about ntelos wireless from Ntelos was being bullied after they went oob Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ntelos.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Ntelos to other companies on our site.

Ntelos Service Transfer Review from Goodview, Virginia

Goodview, Virginia 0 comments
Style and Design

I have had service with nTelos since 2013 when I first got the service the lady quoted us the wrong rates and service was all messed up but the company fixed it without a problem once everything is straight now I haven't had a problem with my service sense until now when they said that they were merging over with some new company I've had problems with my internet very sucky they have been telling me over and over again to please be patient soon as everything is changed over you won't have any problem but the minute that I have a problem and the internet conflicts with finances and money that goes to them then you get a nasty manager that wants to speak to you in a nice nasty way about what the new company is not going to do vs. What the old company had been doing overall I just want good phone service that I pay all of this money for the new company needs to know good customer service because of right now they don't have it

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Ntelos. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Ntelos - Horrible feels like a money pit cheap equipment

Style and Design

got a phone from ntelos kinda mid range on price not really expensive but not really cheap either which they said it was a good phone they all swear by it i was sitting on the couch my daughter tried to crawl on my lap phone fell maybe 2 ft screen went black so i had to pay $100 for a new one didn't mind much woman said it was a one time payment....So got the new phone 3 months later similar thing happened so i tried upgrading my plan early as i was told since I've been in my contract for so long i could do that but when i get to the store it suddenly changed and you could no longer upgrade early said it change like a week ago when i had just talked to someone not 20 min before arriving at the store so my only option was to pay another $100 or $350 to cancel my plan i have 2 months left on my contract......and the ppl were not friendly and it just seems they get you coming and going either pay for service for a broken phone pay to cancel service or continue paying for a new phone pathetic if i was careless and the phone had broken i would have no complaint but its quite the opposite

This person wrote the review because of "poor customer service bad quality " at Ntelos. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $200 and wants Ntelos to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ntelos and ntelos mobile phone service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1461074157

Fairfield, Virginia 0 comments
Style and Design

Have had N telos for years ! Prices are out rageous!

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Ntelos - Mobile Phone Service Review from North Tazewell, Virginia

North Tazewell, Virginia 1 comment
1.2

Ntelos sucks.Its over priced, no data coverage,crappy signal. Their programming in the phones is 1982 based.

Junk. I hate the last year of service& the sales people dont know squat.

Do not buy ntelos. Wish i had kept verizon,had 9 years of trouble free service with Verizon.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Ntelos. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ntelos to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Comments

I have been so disrespected at the store, it is utterly astonishing how dis respected I was. Not just once but like 4 times at one check out.

I filed a complaint and they sent me a gift card which I did not even want to use but did cause hey it was money.

Last night I was accused of stealing from the store and the manager did not even talk to me he talked to a friend.

This is utterly ridiculous. Then when I called back they hung up on me 3 times.

They are horrible

Ntelos - Simple Review #1460500271

Stuarts Draft, Virginia 0 comments
3.2

My phone has been messed up since i got it and i dont like it because it freezes and it deletes my pictures

Review about: Motorola E.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Ntelos - Mobile Phone Service Review from Culloden, West Virginia

Culloden, West Virginia 0 comments
1.8

Been a customer since 2004 and never have service been like this. I never rexieve my incoming calls miss docyor apts and important call due to this promblem i dont know how they can say they sell u 45month unlimited calls and 4g data when truth is it doesnt do *** unless im n wifi!! I think yhey should reembuse me the money i have spent over the last five months!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Ntelos. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Ntelos Mobile Phone Service Review from Cave Spring, Virginia

Cave Spring, Virginia 0 comments
1.2

I signed up with Ntelos back in December 2015. From day one the device AND my iPhone 6 SUCK and I regret ever going to them!!!! The ONLY reason I ended up choosing nTelos was because they were the only company offering me a lower deposit. Unfortunately, my credit was ruined by my parents using my name and social for bills and whatever else.. (My family was very poor growing up) so naturally, most popular, good rated cell phone companies wanted a $500-$700 security deposit UPFRONT!! That of which I did not have nor could afford. I am a single mother of 4 children, 3 living with me. So I have to be careful what I chose to spend money on for I too (like my family growing up) am poor... Yes I know... I didn't go much further or do much ore with my life ... Difficult to go to college and get a good education when theres no way to pay for it. So I went with nTelos... Who after negotiating with the sales clerk at my local shopping mall KIOSK... Agreed to a $300 deposit! So with the cost of my iPhone 6, (retail $599) my 64GB data plan, unlimited talk, text and data (which I don't understand if I had to pay for 64 GB???) and $10 monthly insurance on the phone ... I believe that's it... I only paid $350 up front and walked away with a TOTAL MONTHLY BILL OF (phone payment plan, service & insurance) $65 and some change!!!! AWESOME DEAL RIGHT?!?!?

WRONG!!!!!!

1st complaint:

For the first month, I was "roaming" even though I was in my home town and nTelos was literally 2 minutes down the road.

2nd Complaint:

I NEVER HAD SERVICE!!!!! Always DROPPED MY CALLS!!!!

3rd Complaint:

I wouldn't get SMS or iMessages until hours sometimes DAYS later or not at all!!!

4th Complaint:

Called and when they advised me to have the SIM replaced, I had to drive 25 minutes out of the way!!!! I could t go to the nTelos store that was 2 minutes from my house!!!

5th Complaint:

Changing the SIM card DID NOT WORK!!!!! Still had no service, was roaming half the friggin time, and I found out the 1X in the upper screen meant I was getting the absolute limited wifi connection .... Even when my house is equipped with HIGHSPEED WIFI (regular wifi And 5G)

6th Complaint:

I paid my bill every month and my phone would still get disconnected until I had to call and find out wtf....

7th complaint:

I could go to my nTelos app and it would say 1 balance due, the go to nTelos.com and click on "pay my bill" and it would have a much much MUCH higher amount due... So I would log into my nTelos account online and it would say I have a negative balance! (-$19.55) so when I called to find out once again .. WTF.... The system then proceeds to tell me, I have NO BALANCE DUE!!!!! But then the next day I would get an automated text with a completely different balance due from ALL the other apps/sites!!! So when I call once again..... And this is my 8th and

FINAL COMPLAINT:

THE nTelos AGENT PROCEEDS TO TELL ME THEY HAVE CHARGED MY ACCOUNT TOO MANY TIMES (do to me paying every friggin total due the apps, texts, and website noted I owed) AND THAT I HAVE A $345 CREDIT THAT WILL JUST BE APPLIED TO MY FUTURE BILLS!!! So I proceed to explain and ask...

" Ma'am my phone bill is only $65 or so a month... Does this mean I will not have a bill for a few months and I will not be notified of a payment due for said few months?? And my phone will NOT be disconnected for those few months right?!"....

(AGENT) "Yes ma'am that is correct"

Well... Sons of a ***!!!!

I received an automated text saying this time I owe $132 something on April 4th!!!

F**K YOU NTELOS!!!!!!! UNLOCK MY PHONE BECAUSE ITS TECHNICALLY BEEN PAID FOR WKTH MY $350 UPFRONT DEPOSIT AND THE $345 CREDIT ON MY ACCOUNT.... I AM F***ING SWITCHING TO A CELL PHONE CARRIER THAT KNOWS WHAT THE *** THEY'RE DOING... NO MATTER THE COST!!!!!!!

LISABLY wrote the review because of bad quality at Ntelos. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ntelos to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Ntelos - "Service"

Lawrenceville, Virginia 0 comments

Haha, what a joke of a company.

You will be charged lots of $$, they will not care about your calls to 'support' and on top of that lovely bull *** -- every month you will see your bill go up and up and up and up. because you signed a contract. They know this, they use it, don't go here. I mean it PLEASE don't go here and support this cell phone rapist.

What a joke of a company.

It's a shame the punch line is the customer.

asdfdsa wrote the review because of poor customer service at Ntelos. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $4400 and wants Ntelos to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was bad reception and them cancelling a contract and not making sure i was whole after. Author liked the most prices until they kept raising them. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ntelos and ntelos phone service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.