Ntelos - Rip off switch to Sprint

Coverage Area

Ntelos contacted me said they would be moving from our area needed to switch to Sprint and my credit would be given I did as they instructed went into store returned the phone no credit given, paid on the early contract fee so it would not impact my husbands credit have not heard from them in a year get a letter from attorney for them saying I owe the same amount I paid actually you owe the money back to me and where is my credit for the iPhone I sent back

Ntelos - Horrible

Style and Design

Forced to switch to sprint. Forced to get another phone.

Less coverage and less data. Never again!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ntelos Phone Service.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1490408315

3.5
Style and Design

I'm still an ntelos customer and Been available fir an upgrade for 2 years now we do the upgrade every year plan .. can I still upgrade fir free even though sprint/ shentell has bought them out ?

Ntelos - Mobile Phone Service Review

Had to move to the Richmond Va area from Roanoke Va because of my job only to find out that ntelos had completely left the area. No stores, no prescence nothing but bad service.

Have called repeatedly asking them to let me out of my contract since they don't service my area only to be told they didn't force me to move here. Now I can't even call my family mobile to mobile and they still won't let me out. Supposedly they are switching to sprint but they suck worse in this area than ntelos. Verizon won't buy out ntelos contracts anymore and their the only ones that get a good signal where I live.

Ntelos is supposed to claim to be a nationwide company.

NOT! Worse Phone company I've ever been with.

Ntelos - Samsung Cell Phone Upgrade Review

Style and Design

My name is Bonnie Mease, I've been a loyal customer with Ntelos for years now since they have transition to Sprint it sucks I've been waiting for a upgrade phone since July and they supposed to contact me from the Danville, Va store and I have not heard anyhing. The employees in that store are rude. You best believe when my contract is up I am taking my business elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ntelos Samsung Cell Phone Upgrade.

Comments

Beckley, West Virginia, United States #1317851

Yes I agree sprint took over now bills me over each month I am done with sprint in Dec but there going to over charge me every month now I let the dam thing go credit is a joke anyway pay good on all accounts for years and it still low score it just another way for them to rip off consumers.

Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States #1242735

The lack of transparency with this merger is infuriating. Both of my daughter's damaged their phones in the same week and the insurance through asurion is telling me that our phone is on back order and they really don't know if they will be getting anymore in for Ntelos.

The sprint store in the area said that they couldn't help us that we needed to go to another ntelos store 40 minutes away from where we live. If I had known this I would have never renewed my contract.

Sprint is doing nothing to keep the customers they just acquired. Unbelieveable!

Ntelos - Transition to Sprint= Problems

went with Ntelos in Fall/Winter 2014. 3 phones.

my husband and my sons phones have had no issues. I have had nothing but problems with mine. Mostly--- not ringing in when someone calls. They have replaced sim cards, done resets, and even replaced the phone several times.

Went to the Ntelos store in June, when Sprint bought ntelos out. The rep stated that they would change our phones out, and we would be grandfathered into Sprint. Our contract/plan WOULD NOT CHANGE. Well, several months later--- my phone is doing the same thing-- not ringing.

So I was going to go with Verizon wireless. Was in the process of buying a new phone/plan, when I contacted sprint to get my "account number" she informed me that my contract is not out until 2018!!!! Um no. We didn't sign new contracts.

Sprint bought Ntelos out. We were told we didn't have to sign up for new contracts. My husband is going to call, and go by the store, to see what comes of it.

But if they did that---- that's false advertisement. Will be complaining to the better business bureau and attorney generals office.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1475429210

4.4
Style and Design

They sold out to sprint, never contacted us. We did not find out until we went to store to check out resigning up for new phones.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ntelos Customer Care.

Ntelos=Great! Sprint=Awful!

We have been with nTelos for over 11 years. They usually did not have the latest mobile phone when every other mobile company did, but what they lacked in delay of product, they made up for with service and price.

Ever since nTelos sold out to Sprint, my service has never been so bad. I mean, it is terrible. I am thankful that they grandfathered us in with our current contract which includes unlimited everything, but what good is everything when the service is so awful! Our contract had 11 total people on it.

Eight of us are switching over to Verizon. Enough said.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I will be using the services of a different company..

Ntelos - Mobile Phone Service Review from Huntington, West Virginia

1.2
Style and Design

Never had any issues with ntelos. But since sprint took them over everything sucks.

Prices went way up for less coverage. Nothing that was promised from this merger has happened. I'm paying $50 a month more for a LOT less data. My contract with sprint can not end quick enough.

The shareholders of Ntelos really screwed their customers with this merger. I plan on contacting my state attorney general and filing a complaint. Sprint needs to keep in mind that word of mouth is the best advertising.

It can also be a companies worst nightmare especially now days. I will tell everyone I can tell to stay clear of sprint.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1473019374

3.8
Style and Design

My interactions with NTelos local customer service in Lynchburg Va great...but Sprint merger, even though handled well by these reps that had to endure this, hase resulted in undependable performance frustrating. Bill outrageous with additional fees.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.