1.8

I went to nTelos to replace my phone and they gave me a phone for $100 dollars which still contained the prior users contacts and settings. They just transferred my number to the phone.

When I wanted to return it they wanted to charge me a restocking fee for the used phone which I paid for so I closed the account and returned the phone. I had prepaid in advance for nearly three months and this so-called company said my $76 credit on the account would not be returned to me.

I am sure this practice is unlawful and I have every intention of finding out and recovering my hard earned money from this unethical company.

I do have the satisfaction of never allowing this company to get another dollar from me. I will also alert my family and friends and hopefully the general public will follow suit and not do business with nTelos or any of its partners.

Reason of review: Payments not returned.

Preferred solution: Return of all prepaid account credit on my account, abolish the practice to avoid future problems, stop charging a restocking fee for used phones which you already have out and are not clear of prior users information.

Comments

Staunton, Virginia, United States #899147

LOL, all pre-paid brands are the same way. At least you were able to return the phone.

Other pre-paid providers don't even do that.

There is nothing illegal about not refunding paid months ahead. It clearly says the pre-paid payments are non-refundable

Waynesboro, Virginia, United States #897335

Not unlawful and apparently you can't read. Your receipt says prepayments are non refundable. Pretty straightforward.