Ntelos - Horrible

Coverage Area
Style and Design

Forced to switch to sprint. Forced to get another phone.

Less coverage and less data. Never again!

Ntelos - "Service"

Lawrenceville,Virginia

Haha, what a joke of a company.

You will be charged lots of $$, they will not care about your calls to 'support' and on top of that lovely bull *** -- every month you will see your bill go up and up and up and up. because you signed a contract. They know this, they use it, don't go here. I mean it PLEASE don't go here and support this cell phone rapist.

What a joke of a company.

It's a shame the punch line is the customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ntelos Phone Service.

I liked: Prices until they kept raising them.

I didn't like: Bad reception, Them cancelling a contract and not making sure i was whole after.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1452991230

I called and tried to get phone Servace the guy got smart with me and hung up called back got a different person told me that I would have to take my phone to their store so that could download shut on my phone which would lock it to their Servace I wouldn't have Servace if it was free that can stick it up their a== but that would probiley like it sorry sorry bunch

Ntelos - Awful Service

3.8

The only reason I am still with nTelos is because one of my best friends works there and he is awesome at his job. I have never in my life been so unhappy with a cell phone company.

I am paying $160 a month for 2 smartphones with unlimited talk and text and 10 GBs of data each, which is not a problem in itself. The problem is that I'm paying that much a month for internet I can never use because it never works. I could understand if I was out of the state, maybe even if I was out of the vicinity, but the thing is, I live and work here and don't get service in either place. The ONLY time I have internet is when I can be on the WiFi somewhere.

I consistently have 2 or less bars of service, and my internet works maybe 10% of the time. SO DISPLEASED. Luckily, my husband and I are not in a contract and can leave at any time as long as we pay off the remaining balance on our phones (we have a payment plan). Once we can do that we'll be leaving for sure.

It's honestly worth losing that money to me. The thing is, I don't mind spending $160 for 2 phones, but I'm willing to go somewhere with less data each month for the same amount of money if I'm actually able to use it. What's the point in having 20 GBs of data shared if you can't use any of it?! So over it.

On the upside, my friend is an amazing salesman and he does the company a lot of good.

They're lucky to have someone who's as good as he is, because if they didn't, guaranteed they'd have a lot less business.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Prices until they kept raising them, Customer service.

I didn't like: Lack of internet connection, Bad reception.

Ntelos - Phone Service Review from Elkton, Virginia

Elkton,Virginia
1.3

Had problems with their auto pay as well. Their employees were rude over the phone and not helpful.

My phone was shut off due to their mistake . Am ready to cut ties before they overcharge or umdercharge me for my balance every month.

It appears I should have researched them before I switched to ntelos. :(

Comments

If you change an account to auto-pay, they will start it on a date that generates a $10 late fee for each account you have. When you call customer service about the fee, they will treat you like a deadbeat...

and mind you we've been with them for 10+ years. Over all, they are okay in terms of Roanoke area reception but its iffy outside of Roanoke, Salem, Franklin County and Blacksburg. Below average prices ($30/mo/smartphone). Below average service.

Lots of fees if you change carriers. Quoted rates do NOT include many additional fees, taxes & other time-limited promotional discounts.

If they'd just not try to mess with you annually, I would never have a complaint.

Ntelos - Phone Service Review from West Portsmouth, Ohio

West Portsmouth,Ohio
3.0

We have been a customer for several years now. Went in store to ask if they knew Black Friday sales they said no!

In the past we have upgraded our phone on Black Friday so we took a chance to wait till today well we go into the store for them to say they no longer even doing the upgrades as of the 19 the we have 8 lines and was going to upgrade 7 of them but since we can no longer do this I guess paying your payment on time does not pay for this company !

We can get a e- mail when our bill is due and when we pay it but can't let us know when they are changing policy !! Very Upset Customer

Product or Service Mentioned: Ntelos Phone Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

MelissaClevenger69

Sold me a green dot card didn't activate and it was expired and didn't have the CVS code on so lost my money

Ntelos - THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!

I have had nothing but issues! I went into the store to pay a bill 2 days later I checked my account low and behold, the guy used my card and charged $700.00

on my debit card!

I called them to let them and to take it off and they told me that I went to a unauthorized ntellos and there was nothing that they could do. they didn't try to figure out who did it or nothing I was just left with nothing so if you do not want to be robbed then donot go with this company

Product or Service Mentioned: Ntelos Phone Service.

Reason of review: nothing about this company makes me happy.

Ntelos - Phone Service Review from Saint Augustine, Florida

2.2
Style and Design

After moving to Florida, my Ntelos phone does not have any service at all. Texts don't get sent or received, calls don't go through and are dropped, and the Internet won't load.

I've called the representatives numerous times and they keep telling me I am out of the service area and the only thing I can do is cancel my contact. In order to do that they are charging me over $500 for my cell phone, which I won't be using anyways if I switch to another carrier. I understand paying for the cell phone if I planned on keeping it, but I have no use for it. When I opened this plan they told me I had national coverage, which was the reason I decided to chose Ntelos.

I don't think I should have to pay the full price for the phone since I am out of the service area. I would also like to know why my planned monthly payment has not been put towards the price of the phone like they told me would happen.

Ntelos - Phone Service Review from Shippensburg, Pennsylvania

Hello there still having issues with ntelos. My husband and I cancelled our phone service back in NovembeR.

We then owed them $700 for cancellation fees which I paid, through payments to my checking account. now it's may and a debt collector called my husband saying we owe them $650?!?! That's absolutely insane, we try to fight it because I have already paid it and they say not to bother that will just ruin my husband's credit. So he's now paying $650 more to my $700.

I now see how they make a go and just dont run broke. $1350 to cancel 2 phone lines..I'm absolutely pissed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ntelos Phone Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States #994152

Absolutely *** holes who work for this company!

Ntelos - Cheated

Elkton,Virginia

NTelos issued me 2 phones but could not give any service where I live...about 20 miles from the store. Then they won't to charge me for restocking the phones and for service! The sales rep asked us to return the phones after 4 days because they could not give us service and the service dept. cannot speak resonably...they nice but have no reasoning.

Famous last words: "Unless you live in Alaska, I doubt you will be without service" (Harrisonburg, VA sales Rep.).

Now they have turned this over to a collection agency and I have to deal with that every week

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Just cancel the bill! Simple, you can't and didn't produce a working product, I shouldn't be charged..

Elkton, Virginia, United States #973391