Ntelos - Mobile Phone Service Review

Had to move to the Richmond Va area from Roanoke Va because of my job only to find out that ntelos had completely left the area. No stores, no prescence nothing but bad service.

Have called repeatedly asking them to let me out of my contract since they don't service my area only to be told they didn't force me to move here. Now I can't even call my family mobile to mobile and they still won't let me out. Supposedly they are switching to sprint but they suck worse in this area than ntelos. Verizon won't buy out ntelos contracts anymore and their the only ones that get a good signal where I live.

Ntelos is supposed to claim to be a nationwide company.

NOT! Worse Phone company I've ever been with.

Ntelos=Great! Sprint=Awful!

We have been with nTelos for over 11 years. They usually did not have the latest mobile phone when every other mobile company did, but what they lacked in delay of product, they made up for with service and price.

Ever since nTelos sold out to Sprint, my service has never been so bad. I mean, it is terrible. I am thankful that they grandfathered us in with our current contract which includes unlimited everything, but what good is everything when the service is so awful! Our contract had 11 total people on it.

Eight of us are switching over to Verizon. Enough said.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I will be using the services of a different company..

Ntelos - Mobile Phone Service Review from Huntington, West Virginia

1.2
Style and Design

Never had any issues with ntelos. But since sprint took them over everything sucks.

Prices went way up for less coverage. Nothing that was promised from this merger has happened. I'm paying $50 a month more for a LOT less data. My contract with sprint can not end quick enough.

The shareholders of Ntelos really screwed their customers with this merger. I plan on contacting my state attorney general and filing a complaint. Sprint needs to keep in mind that word of mouth is the best advertising.

It can also be a companies worst nightmare especially now days. I will tell everyone I can tell to stay clear of sprint.

Ntelos/Sprint "Merger"

This has been the most pathetic excuse of a merger I have ever seen in all my existence! I have now been to 4 Sprint stores and called 7 Sprint stores all together to try and figure out how to merge my Ntelos into Sprint.

Ever since Sprint has become a part of Ntelos our service has dropped to ***. No 3G barely anywhere. MMS messages not sending. Always a signal at 1X. This is pathetic! We are paying almost $170 a month for NOTHING!!! So we thought, Okay lets merge over to Sprint so hopefully our coverage will be better than this mess.

With going to 4 stores, we still have yet to merge our contract. Each store either "can't help us" or expect us to run our credit again and then if need be...pay another deposit.

Why should we have to pay another deposit if our credit is not within your requirements? We didn't ask for this! Why cannot each store that has a giant SPRINT sign in gosh awful yellow....why can't they help us?? Your management and planning on this merger sucks. Since we still, after 2 months of trying to merge our contract, which is what the letter you sent us told us to do, have not been able to merge.... I have decided that we will be leaving Ntelos/Sprint. You cannot expect customers to sit by and pay you an obscene amount of money each month for nothing. So goodbye Ntelos and goodbye Sprint...

Product or Service Mentioned: nTelos Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Poor customer service, Bad quality, lack of coverage, pathetic service.

Preferred solution: BETTER MANAGEMENT .

I didn't like: Lack of education at every single store i visited.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1205167

Be glad you are leaving. Prices after the merger go sky high for believe it or not worse coverage.

And less data. You do not get what you are promised in this merger. There are fees you pay that you don't know about till it's too late. I'm paying $50 more for 8 gb less data.

Had 10 gb with ntelos for $150 a month.

Now 3 gb for almost $200. When my contract is up which can't come quick enough I plan on going to a pre paid plan from straight talk.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1470263277

2.5
Style and Design

I noticed a decline in my coverage recently since sprint bought Ntelos. LTE is rarely available now.

My fiancé has sprint she constantly has 4/5 bars while I sit with 1-3 and often in 3G.

I was told that sprint is turning off and selling Ntelos' towers. I am very displeased with this tactic if it is true.

Problems with Ntelos

3.3
Style and Design

Seemed like I've had nothing but problems with Ntelos. Some of the more recent problems are, not able to send or receive MMS on my Galaxy s5.

It seems like this is triggered when I switch from WiFi to 4g and back. The solution they gave me was to turn off 4g in my settings, restart phone and turn my 4g back on. Yes is does work but it shouldn't happen in the first place. It took several calls to CS and still no permanent solution.

Another problem I'm having is, i am not receiving all of my text messages.

I'm not sure if this is because of Ntelos becoming sprint but it is definitely becoming a nuisance and at my first chance, i will find a way out, whether its buying out my contract, or just waiting until it's up.

Product or Service Mentioned: nTelos Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Customer service.

I didn't like: Service.

Proctorville, Ohio, United States #1285505

The whole merger with sprint is horrible. I wish ntelos would have thought about their customers before merging with these idiots.

The whole promise of comparable plans and prices is just a bunch of ***. I can't wait to get away from them.

Ntelos - Mobile Phone Service Review from Winfield, West Virginia

Winfield,West Virginia
Style and Design

Sprint buying out ntelos so how can I find out if my contract is up and see if I can drop sprint/ntelos and get a new provider and the service is horrible and getting worde

Ntelos - Poor service poor reception, switch

I've had ntelos for 7 years. Generally acceptable signal and service until recently. My parents have experienced a loss of signal, no longer making or receiving calls inside. My service is now doing the same thing. Called and logged the issues over 6 days. Now, no LTE service on any of my 3 phones in the area I live.

Customer service is poor, promised a call back, "we have reported it to engineering." My guess is that there is no engineering department, and that everything is contracted out. We will be switching all of our service in the Augusta County area. Company cannot respond to inquires and frankly doesn't seem to care.

Shentel should just dismantle the network and move on. Sometimes you just have to clean the slate and start over.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Bad reception.

Ntelos - Horrible feels like a money pit cheap equipment

1.1
Style and Design

got a phone from ntelos kinda mid range on price not really expensive but not really cheap either which they said it was a good phone they all swear by it i was sitting on the couch my daughter tried to crawl on my lap phone fell maybe 2 ft screen went black so i had to pay $100 for a new one didn't mind much woman said it was a one time payment....So got the new phone 3 months later similar thing happened so i tried upgrading my plan early as i was told since I've been in my contract for so long i could do that but when i get to the store it suddenly changed and you could no longer upgrade early said it change like a week ago when i had just talked to someone not 20 min before arriving at the store so my only option was to pay another $100 or $350 to cancel my plan i have 2 months left on my contract......and the ppl were not friendly and it just seems they get you coming and going either pay for service for a broken phone pay to cancel service or continue paying for a new phone pathetic if i was careless and the phone had broken i would have no complaint but its quite the opposite

Product or Service Mentioned: nTelos Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: poor customer service bad quality .

Ntelos - Mobile Phone Service Review from North Tazewell, Virginia

North Tazewell,Virginia
1.2

Ntelos sucks.Its over priced, no data coverage,crappy signal. Their programming in the phones is 1982 based.

Junk. I hate the last year of service& the sales people dont know squat.

Do not buy ntelos. Wish i had kept verizon,had 9 years of trouble free service with Verizon.

Comments

I have been so disrespected at the store, it is utterly astonishing how dis respected I was. Not just once but like 4 times at one check out.

I filed a complaint and they sent me a gift card which I did not even want to use but did cause hey it was money.

Last night I was accused of stealing from the store and the manager did not even talk to me he talked to a friend.

This is utterly ridiculous. Then when I called back they hung up on me 3 times.

They are horrible