Ntelos - Simple Review #1475429210

4.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

They sold out to sprint, never contacted us. We did not find out until we went to store to check out resigning up for new phones.

Ntelos - Sprint buyout

Oak Hill,West Virginia

Ntelos is apparently being bought out by Sprint. Customer service reps tell us that we have to make an appt with a local store to switch our cell devices over in order for them to work on new network...I've called repeatedly, local stores wont answer so we leave repeated messages. We finally call customer service number somewhere located in Wayneboro 1-855-644-7283 who say we need to call the local store again, lmao....Now they're telling us that the local store isn't ready for the switchover and that the store will contact us!!!!!!

I am added as an accountant manager under my husband to make changes to the account. However when I give them the pin number requested, they now tell me that they must speak to the account owner. He works out of town 5-6 days a week!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ntelos Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Poor customer service, Treat me like im a convict.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1465843005

Wallback,West Virginia
1.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Managers and employees were rude.

Ntelos - Worst cellular provider by far

Unfortunately, I switched to nTelos about a year ago. Worst mistake ever!

I transferred my service and also added 2 new lines. We have suffered with this terrible service for an entire year, so I called to inquire about the disconnection fee. Turns out, it will be $860.05 to disconnect as of this date. So I told the customer service agent about my issues and her response was very unapologetic.

I said, "So I have to decide whether to suffer through the next year paying $200.00 a month for service that doesn't exist or pay almost $1000.00 right now." Her response..."Yes Ma'am." I reiterated that I was told up front that the service was perfect in my area and it certainly is not. She said that they give a 14 day grace period and that I have should have said something then. There was no "I'm sorry that your service is bad." There was no "Let me check your service area." NOTHING. She was politely evil and knew that I was in a contract so she really didn't care what I had to say.

I am currently on a mission to spread the word about nTelos being a terrible company and the worst service on the market...every single day that I remain in this contract. I'm hoping to reach as many as I can to do my part in keeping this company from holding anyone else hostage. I really wish someone would have told me prior to me selecting this company.

The reason that no one told me is because NO ONE in my area has them because they are so terrible. Apparently, I was in the dark:( I will do my part to bring light to those that are in the dark like I was!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ntelos Customer Care.

Reason of review: no service, bad customer service.

Preferred solution: I want out of my contract.

I didn't like: Service.

Comments

Thanks I was considering them for a family plan.

to Anonymous #1097107

There are so many other providers that provide much better coverage area and remarkably better customer service. My advice...

Run away from intelos! Fast

Ntelos - Customer Care Review from Waynesboro, Virginia

I made a huge mistake by switching my cell phone service to Ntelos. I have several rental

Properties I own and manage, as well as a sick family member, so I need to be able to be reached 24/7. With Ntelos that is a joke in itself. I have the worst service I have ever had with any company. I have numerous dropped or missed calls. No data service, etc. I have made numerous complaints to customer service with absolutely nothing done. I have explained that I don't have service when I need it and am concerned about not getting my calls from a tenant with a problem, or worse that if something happens to my family member and I am

Unable to be contacted. They simply didn't care. Just told me I was under a contract but I could cancel it by paying a $700 cancellation fee. It's a shame when the reason I am unhappy is Ntelos isn't providing me the service availability I as a consumer am paying for but not receiving, yet they only care about trying to steal another $700 from me. I recently asked why my service is continuing to get worse at my home location & was told by one of their customer care "professionals", I use this term very loosely, That the trees now have leaves, opposed to when I started my service, but to "look at the bright side, in a couple more months when the leaves start falling your service will probably get better." Are you really serious? This is a what a " professional customer service rep " tells a customer? I also have spent hours on the phone trying to get something done to resolve my issues. Recently I was in contact with someone from their tech support dept after filing several complaints and had at least 4 of our phone calls dropped by my service during our conversations. This was at my home location where you hope to have service. This was one if the complaints we were trying to fix. If that doesn't show I have bad issues what does. I found out later that my complaints were marked as satisfied. This doesn't even sound feasible. Your own tech dept realizes that you don't have reliable service and can't even keep a call going long enough to discuss your other complaints but yet it's supposed to be good enough for me to stay trapped in a contract and keep paying for my lack of service or pay to get out of a contract where THEY are not providing what they are charging me for. I wouldn't recommend this two bit, back yard , fly by night company that has absolutely no

Concern for their customers satisfaction to anyone. I would trust the old tin cans on a string to be more reliable than Ntelos service any day. I am posting multiple postings on Facebook, local community bulletin boards, our newspaper , and every other place I find access (several at my own out of pocket expense) just to try to let everyone I can not to waste their time with Ntelos. If this company doesn't care about providing reliable service to its customers then let's let everyone we know to boycott them and when we can put them out of business maybe then will one of their powers that be realize that greed is not the answer to not providing your customers with what they pay for. Please let everyone you know to boycott this company until they can understand that customers deserve to get reliable service that they are bring charged for.

Comments

Crybaby

Ntelos - Loss of longtime customer

I have been a customer since before 1999. I had a data card contract for hot spot internet.

I had this for one year and cancelled it. My bill was $25.00 a month. My cell phone bill is $115.00. I requested some consideration on lowering the cancellation fee from $175.00.

I DID NOT ask for the whole thing to be taken care of. This was turned down by customer relations. So instead of loosing the monthly fee for this data card they are also loosing the $115.00 a month and a loyal customer of more than 15 years and have recommended Ntelos to alot of people.

Now I am in the process of finding another carrier.

Ntelos Lied About Military Discount

Recently, I was deciding what company to continue cellular service with. I had been with Ntelos without any problems. When talking to them they said I would see my plan increase by $40, but they then informed me that my military discount (10%) would take it down to a $20 increase.

When at the store, they said I had to reshow my military ID to continue my discount. I did this, but received my bill and it was not there. I contacted customer service and after getting it taken care of they tell me my discount would only be 5% due to their "new cheaper plans". My plan was not cheaper it cost more and their lies is the only reason I signed up again since I could have received a better price elsewhere. Customer service is not helping this far and I cannot get a hold of the manager.

Hopefully, other service members see this in time!