Ntelos/Sprint "Merger"

Roanoke, Virginia 1 comment

This has been the most pathetic excuse of a merger I have ever seen in all my existence! I have now been to 4 Sprint stores and called 7 Sprint stores all together to try and figure out how to merge my Ntelos into Sprint.

Ever since Sprint has become a part of Ntelos our service has dropped to ***. No 3G barely anywhere. MMS messages not sending. Always a signal at 1X. This is pathetic! We are paying almost $170 a month for NOTHING!!! So we thought, Okay lets merge over to Sprint so hopefully our coverage will be better than this mess.

With going to 4 stores, we still have yet to merge our contract. Each store either "can't help us" or expect us to run our credit again and then if need be...pay another deposit.

Why should we have to pay another deposit if our credit is not within your requirements? We didn't ask for this! Why cannot each store that has a giant SPRINT sign in gosh awful yellow....why can't they help us?? Your management and planning on this merger sucks. Since we still, after 2 months of trying to merge our contract, which is what the letter you sent us told us to do, have not been able to merge.... I have decided that we will be leaving Ntelos/Sprint. You cannot expect customers to sit by and pay you an obscene amount of money each month for nothing. So goodbye Ntelos and goodbye Sprint...

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of lack of education at every single store i visited. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "poor customer service, bad quality, lack of coverage, pathetic service" of ntelos mobile phone service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $996. Ntelos needs to "better management" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ntelos mobile phone service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ntelos.

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1205167

Be glad you are leaving. Prices after the merger go sky high for believe it or not worse coverage.

And less data. You do not get what you are promised in this merger. There are fees you pay that you don't know about till it's too late. I'm paying $50 more for 8 gb less data.

Had 10 gb with ntelos for $150 a month.

Now 3 gb for almost $200. When my contract is up which can't come quick enough I plan on going to a pre paid plan from straight talk.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1470341117

Amherst, Virginia 0 comments
1.9
Style and Design

Your hot spot service sucks can never get connect I'm ready to go back to Comcast might cost more but at least I can get connect on a scale 1-10 you are a-10

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1470263277

Ruckersville, Virginia 0 comments
2.5
Style and Design

I noticed a decline in my coverage recently since sprint bought Ntelos. LTE is rarely available now.

My fiancé has sprint she constantly has 4/5 bars while I sit with 1-3 and often in 3G.

I was told that sprint is turning off and selling Ntelos' towers. I am very displeased with this tactic if it is true.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1468886357

Forest, Virginia 0 comments

Totally pissed off Sprint bought nTelos - I was a Sprint customer for 5 years and dropped them because their service became horrible, prices skyrocketed, and the billing unpredictable. I went to nTelos and they've been great. I have a great plan, awesome pricing, and great customer service that is all about to end.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1468267770

Waynesboro, Virginia 0 comments

They have been good to me. I have had NTelos about 5 years.

like any *** phone company you're going to have issues. B+

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Problems with Ntelos

3.3
Style and Design

Seemed like I've had nothing but problems with Ntelos. Some of the more recent problems are, not able to send or receive MMS on my Galaxy s5.

It seems like this is triggered when I switch from WiFi to 4g and back. The solution they gave me was to turn off 4g in my settings, restart phone and turn my 4g back on. Yes is does work but it shouldn't happen in the first place. It took several calls to CS and still no permanent solution.

Another problem I'm having is, i am not receiving all of my text messages.

I'm not sure if this is because of Ntelos becoming sprint but it is definitely becoming a nuisance and at my first chance, i will find a way out, whether its buying out my contract, or just waiting until it's up.

rasi34 wrote the review because of not as described at Ntelos. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ntelos to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was service. Author liked the most customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ntelos and ntelos mobile phone service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Proctorville, Ohio, United States #1285505

The whole merger with sprint is horrible. I wish ntelos would have thought about their customers before merging with these idiots.

The whole promise of comparable plans and prices is just a bunch of ***. I can't wait to get away from them.

Ntelos - Mobile Phone Service Review from Winfield, West Virginia

Winfield, West Virginia 0 comments
Style and Design

Sprint buying out ntelos so how can I find out if my contract is up and see if I can drop sprint/ntelos and get a new provider and the service is horrible and getting worde

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Ntelos. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ntelos to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Ntelos - Sprint buyout

Oak Hill, West Virginia 0 comments

Ntelos is apparently being bought out by Sprint. Customer service reps tell us that we have to make an appt with a local store to switch our cell devices over in order for them to work on new network...I've called repeatedly, local stores wont answer so we leave repeated messages. We finally call customer service number somewhere located in Wayneboro 1-855-644-7283 who say we need to call the local store again, lmao....Now they're telling us that the local store isn't ready for the switchover and that the store will contact us!!!!!!

I am added as an accountant manager under my husband to make changes to the account. However when I give them the pin number requested, they now tell me that they must speak to the account owner. He works out of town 5-6 days a week!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of poor customer service and treat me like im a convict. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of ntelos customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $100. Ntelos needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ntelos customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ntelos.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1466510615

Redwood, Virginia 0 comments
3.1
Style and Design

I am sick of this my phone has been turned off three times for nonpayment each time money was in account and your employee messed up and i lost service because of there mistake i like your service but am thinking about changing once or twice maybe but three times seems like it will keep happening want to upgrade and get new phone and plan but now unsure

Review about: Ntelos Plan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Ntelos - Simple Review #1465843005

Wallback, West Virginia 0 comments
1.1
Style and Design

Managers and employees were rude.